Archive Site

Search

help

Long high temperature period, but negative pregnancy test - should I be worried?

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 2
euroblonde Posted: 12-01-2010 10:58 AM

Hi,

This is my first time on this forum but I have been charting since about 8 cycles, and have had no success getting pregnant yet, probably because I am off the pill, after having used it for more than 10 years. Until now, I had O around day 20, and then a relatively short lp (around 10 days). This time, I had O after 25 days with a moderate temp rise, and secondary temp rise at 14 days post-o. I am now 15 days post-o. I took a test on day 8, day 13 and today (day 15) and they were all negative. I have other weird signs like some mild cramping and painful nipples. Should I be worried? Is there something wrong? With such a long high temperature phase (5 days longer than usual and I have no other illness), should I not be pregnant now?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Not Ranked
Posts 182
pierski777 replied on 12-01-2010 11:08 AM

can you post your chart for us to view?? 

I am in the same boat as you...according to the system I O'd on CD21 which would now make me 21dpo w/ negative tests...if i O'd later (i'm thinkn cd29) that would still make me 14dpo today so i'm just as confused as you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 8,555
dj rayne replied on 12-01-2010 11:33 AM

Pierski _ To me, without charts to compare to I'd say CD40 is also likely. You'll have to just keep temping and see. OP, can you post a chart? Without seeing how everything lines up it would be hard to say.

Not Ranked
Posts 182
pierski777 replied on 12-01-2010 11:49 AM

dj rayne- I was thinking the same thing about CD40, but i had NO CF at all! It's been basically dry dry dry ...not sure if that makes a difference for O or not though?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
euroblonde replied on 12-01-2010 12:07 PM

Hi and thanks!

Here's the link to my chart http://www.tcoyf.com/members/euroblonde/charts/1.aspx

Normally, I chart on paper, so I just filled in this one on the site.

My other cycles so far have all been 30-35 days long, generally O happens at 20-22 CD and then LP is around 10 days. It's pretty much like clockwork... that's why this one is so weird!

Thanks for your help!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 8,555
dj rayne replied on 12-01-2010 1:10 PM

15 day Lp isn't out of line with normal and even if you are used to 10 day LPs it could be something changed giving you a better O and more progesterone. See what happens. It could be that AF is just around the corner, Your urine is too dilute for a test to pick up the hormone or a cyst that should resolve but is pumping more progesterone than you are used to into your system which can lengthen LPs and cause some PG type symptoms.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 8,555
dj rayne replied on 12-01-2010 1:15 PM

Pierski, it could be that CF is where it needs to be but not sufficient enough to migrate down to where it is noticeable. Depending on your hormonal balance you can O and not have  CF. For some women it is normal to have EW 2-3 days (or even up to 5 days) prior to O and as long as they BD from the start of CF to O then they are covered. EOD is fine as is every day, I wouldn't go more than every 3rd day though.  Amt and timing are dependant on estrogen production and  e/p ratios. Try an internal check.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS