help

Subchorionic Hematoma sizes?

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 169
Peejee Posted: 10-07-2010 10:01 AM

on Oct 1 I had a gush of bright red blood and some tiny clots, went to the ER and was told that it MIGHT be a SCH. On the 5th, same thing with a bit more bleeding and larger clots. This time I was definitely diagnosed with a 3 cm SCH.

I'm 9w5d and they've found a good, solid heartbeat each time with the US measurements only typically being off by about 2-3 days which, at this stage, I know is common.

Since then I've had one or two tiny occasions of pinkish blood on the tissue when I wipe but mostly the rust/"old blood" color. I wasn't put on bedrest, just pelvic and told "try not to run any marathons". Look I don't run unless I'm being chased by a t-rex anyway so that's not a hardship..

Anyone know what size they consider small/large for subchorionic hematomas? Literature I've read states that small hematomas tend to have little impact on pregnancy and are pretty commonly self resolving and given that I'm already dealing with hyperemesis I'd LOVE just one thing that is going wrong to be self resolving :P

Me (29) - Paul (25) ..dorks in love :P

Baby - EDD 5/8/2011

Peej's Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 269
blupo473 replied on 10-07-2010 10:40 AM

I had a SCh that was found on my ultrasound at around 6wk. That time they said it was about 2cm. When we checked again at 9wk it had shrink to 1cm. And it was completely resolved by my next u/s at 15wk. My dr said mine was what he considered small, so he wasn't very worried about it- plus I did not bleed. Hope that helps!

I hope you are able to feel better with the hyperemesis...it sucks!! This is my 3rd round with hyperemesis and this time it is much worse. My advice on that (even though you didn't ask) is to talk to your dr about trying a round of steroids once you are over the 14 wk mark. It is amazingly effective at killing the hypermesis. Good luck!

Baby Girl1 4/7/03

Baby Girl2 12/14/04

Baby Boy 12/16/10

Not Ranked
Posts 169
Peejee replied on 10-07-2010 10:50 AM

After an ER visit for fluids and IV zofran..and then having zofran odt, reglan AND phenergan do nothing... I've actually found that the combo of unisom and B6 (basically, diclectin) is really helping to keep down the nausea. Since I started taking it three times a day, I've only thrown up once and that was when the ER refused to let me have fluids during the second SCH episode and I couldn't take the meds on time. Three hours late and I was heaving so hard I ended up bursting a vessel in my throat and vomiting blood. That was a party...

I'm REALLY hopeful for this resolving itself. I already get side eyed by doctors because I'm obese (maybe due to my t-rex running association? wait..no..) at a size 22/24 and all of them want to assure me I'm going to die of diabeteheartattackitis or something.

Baby - EDD 5/8/2011

Peej's Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 432
klh1980 replied on 10-07-2010 11:10 AM

Peejee, I'm so sorry you're going through this!  I also had a SCH at 7 weeks, and I was scared to death.  The doctor never gave me an exact size, but she said it was between 1 and 2cm and placed partially under the placenta.  Although there isn't really much you can do and there isn't much evidence that bed rest helps, she put me on bed rest for a week and told me to take it easy (no exercise, pelvic rest) until it resolved.  She figured it couldn't hurt!

By 9 weeks it had completely resolved, and now I'm 34 weeks with a perfectly healthy (thank goodness!) little girl.  I hope that yours resolves quickly as well!

me (30), him (33).  Our little girl joined our family on November 22, 2010!

Not Ranked
Posts 169
Peejee replied on 10-07-2010 12:21 PM

It's extremely reassuring to see so many people stating their small hematomas resolved themselves to a normal pregnancy, I'm sure you know!

Thanks for your experience!

Baby - EDD 5/8/2011

Peej's Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 314
imagine04 replied on 10-07-2010 1:32 PM

I was diagnosed with an SCH at 6wks. Unlike the PP's mine did not resolve so fast. I was pulled from work and put on strict bed rest with a 5-6cm hematoma that was between the placenta and the uterine wall. At 13wks 1d i had one final bleed. I was released back to work at 13wks exactly but chose to stay out of work until 14wks and only went back for very limited hours. I haven't had any bleeding since my first trimester and now only have 41 days left till my "est due date". Smile

Good luck to you! Flowers

Started TTC Journey in October 2007 - 1500mg Metformin, Daily Pre-Natal, Pre-Seed/ DH x3 Fertil-Aid a day low sperm count

Endo Biopsy December 2009 Yes HSG Jan 5, 2010 Yes

BFP March 12, 2010 Big Smile

Baby Boy Parker Ryan born at 8:33pm on 10/26/2010. 6lbs 12oz 18inches long - Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis 11/15/10 Df508

9/17: Baby boy is doing great! HB 148 beats/min, measuring 34wks @ 31wks 2d
9/18: Name Announcement: Parker Ryan Big Smile
9/28: HB 138 beats/min, measuring 37wks @ 32wks 6d
9/30: AFI = 18-19 "High Normal", Parker's abdomen measuring 36wks 5d while every other measurement is between 33-34wks. Overall measurements were at 34wks 2d by u/s. Final growth u/s scheduled for 11/2 to determine best birthing option. Smile Estimated weight is 5lbs 14oz
10/12: BP 140/90 HB 153 beats/min
10/13: BP Recheck 150/94 Sad
10/14: BP Recheck 144/95 .... sent to L&D for monitoring and labs and a 24hr Urine Collection. All bloodwork labs have come back great - will get urine results for protein on 10/19. Currently in "take it easy mode" until those results are in.
10/19: GBS Test/Non-Stress Test - BP Soared higher to 160/90. Now on meds to control BP with high consideration for c-section at 38wks
10/22: NST looking good! BP still elevated
10/26: Parker arrives 3wks 1d early! Delivered at 8:33pm after 20hrs of contractions and 5min of actual pushing time! 4 pushes and he was here Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 446
kasfrmatl replied on 10-07-2010 2:32 PM

I had a 5 cm SCH at 6 weeks and 5 days...I was put on bed rest for a week, had some more light spotting at 9 weeks and then a little more at 12 weeks but all from the same SCH. It's gone now and I'm 24 weeks, baby is fine. He does have some "debris" in his stomach that the perinatologist thinks is from the SCH, she thinks he swallowed some of the blood or tissue (gross I know) when the sac separated from the wall but she's not concerned and he'll pass it when he has his first bowel movement. 

HTH Flowers

Alicia

Baby Boy  Henry 02/12/2007

Baby Boy Owen 01/22/2011

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS