Archive Site

Search

help

Open but low cervix, 3 weeks after d&c??

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 425
JanaW Posted: 09-10-2010 2:54 PM

So my cervix feels very open, almost like I could easily slide something pencil-sized in, but it's low and my CF is sticky to dry.

Could this be a mistake?  maybe I'm not feeling my cervix at all, or maybe theyre's nabothian cysts surrounding it, making it seem like an opening?

Confused, frustrated at how my body is not getting back on track very quickly.  Thanks.

Baby Girl Joelle Natalia, born 6/15/2009   8lbs 15oz  @41 weeks 5 days

Angel My little baby, I will love you always!  M/C found @ 13 w.  Baby measured 7w6d.  D&C 8/20/10

Baby Girl EDD 07/09/11 

Not Ranked
Posts 594
Lea replied on 09-10-2010 3:03 PM

I was advised no sex and no baths for 3-6wks after my D&C.  So I am not sure checking your cervix is a good idea interms of risk of infection.  However, check with your Dr to be sure.

I can tell you that after my D&C, my cycles did bounce back, however I did have a couple of annovulatory ones.  Give your body time to heal and do what it needs to do in its own time.  I know how frustrating that can be, especially if trying again as soon as you are able is on your mind.

I am so sorry for your loss.

lea

Not Ranked
Posts 425
JanaW replied on 09-11-2010 11:46 PM

Wow.  My Dr said no sex or baths for 1 week, and no limits on exercise (I've seen people say they couldn't exercise for 2 weeks?)

I checked with her, she said it could still be open from the procedure, or a sign of ovulation soon, and that it was nothing to worry about.  She didn't say to stop checking (I told her I discovered this while checking for FAM) or having sex so I'm assuming it's fine.

Thanks for answering.  8)  Sorry for your loss too. 

Baby Girl Joelle Natalia, born 6/15/2009   8lbs 15oz  @41 weeks 5 days

Angel My little baby, I will love you always!  M/C found @ 13 w.  Baby measured 7w6d.  D&C 8/20/10

Baby Girl EDD 07/09/11 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS