Archive Site

Search

help

Pos OPK in the AM and negative in the PM...

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 568
lava2 Posted: 08-20-2010 7:54 PM

Does this indicate ovulation has happened (assuming temps rise)? And, how do I mark it on my chart for today, + or -?

Thanks!

Me (34) Flowers Tongue Tied DH (35)

TR (2) Baby Girl

TTC #2 since June 2010

Angel December 26, 2010 @ 7 weeks

My chart

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,766
VictorianKiwi replied on 08-20-2010 10:05 PM

I have read that sometimes OPK's done in the AM can give false positives. Here is an extract from a website:
"Using a first-thing-in-the-morning urine sample can result in a false positive because the LH levels become concentrated overnight."

PM pee (12-4pm) gives more accurate results.

But if it is indeed a + i would mark it as + for today Yes

Good luck Baby Dust

Angel Victoria - Natural pregnancy April 2008, missed m/c ~ 10.5w
Angel "Dotty" - IVF pregnancy (1st cycle) September 2010, blighted ovum ~ 9w

Chick "Berry" Our FET miracle, BFP 10dpo (5dp5dt) ~ Due August 15th 2011
15dpo - 1st beta ~ 145
23dpo - 2nd beta ~ chose not to know, i over analyze!
6w 3d ~ bleeding scare, cervix still closed & beta ~ 16,894 yay!!
6w 4d ~ Christmas Eve, 1st ultrasound, we saw a heartbeat!!!!!!!!
6w5d ~ Christmas Day, rushed to hospital, diagnosed with Hyperemisis (very severe nausea & vomiting)
8w4d ~ 2nd ultrasound ~ beautiful healthy baby with strong heartbeat! released from fertility clinic into midwife care, yay!!!
9w6d ~ 3rd ultrasound due to another bleed, baby absolutely fine & healthy! very active & moving around!
10w ~ Heard baby's HB on 'Angel Talk' home doppler, best sound in the world!
11w5d ~ In hospital again with heavy bleeding, u/s showed a very active baby! possible SCH suspected
12w1d ~ NT scan, baby stretching, rolling & bouncing around. Results came back all normal.
19w ~ anatomy & gender scan, baby healthy & all good! It's
 a BOY!!!!!
28w ~ 4D scan, perfect little boy! very camera shy though!
32w1d ~ suspected breech position, sent for scan...sure enough Hunter is footling breech!
34w ~ another positioning scan - Hunter has turned head down yay!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 568
lava2 replied on 08-21-2010 12:14 PM

Thanks for replying! I've been using 2nd morning urine to test, then testing again around 8 PM. Got another positive this morning, so I guess it's a bit confusing. Thanks again.

TR (2) Baby Girl

TTC #2 since June 2010

My chart

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2,445
sweetkaroline replied on 08-21-2010 12:21 PM

When I was using OPK's while TTC #2, I always got my positives in the am.  I always used my SMU.  I never, ever, ever got a positive at any other time.  It was always right for me.  It is strange though, getting a positive at 10am, and then by 1pm if I retested, it would be negative, then the next day with SMU it would be positive again.  GL Baby Dust

Vicki (early 30's) - DH (later 30's)

DD- Oct 07

TTC# 2 - 22 cycles  **BFP 04/10

DS - born 12/25/10 (his due date!) via emergency c-section 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 8,555
dj rayne replied on 08-22-2010 6:27 AM

If you have a positive followed by a negative (esp if you haev multiple days) then there are concentration issues. Too concentrated from overnight and not conc enough during the day. LH surges on a cycle and that cycle starts later in the AM (after 10am) I you are witholding fluids and holding your urine for your afternooon test then that test is the correct measure of where you are at for the majority of women. Not to say you can't use the earlier morn tests as they give a wider window of heads up for BDing (but you should be at it already and NOT waitning for your test to turn) but don't expect to O in the time they give it may well be later. Your body responds to specific levels of hormones unique to yourself. It may be that for testing you need a strip that is more sensitive as your levels to trigger O are a little lower than some other womens and these tests are geared to pick up higher levels of LH.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 568
lava2 replied on 08-22-2010 7:34 PM

Thanks for your replies! I had two positives one day (AM and PM) and then a positive and a negative the next. The next day my temp jumped, so I'm guessing that positive was true. Anyway, we'll see. Thanks again for the helpful info, hopefully I won't need it next month :)

TR (2) Baby Girl

TTC #2 since June 2010

My chart

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 8,555
dj rayne replied on 08-23-2010 8:36 AM

The +/- day would be your surge, O the next day (one +) and confirmed if your temp rise holds. GL

Not Ranked
Posts 59
jamienev replied on 08-23-2010 7:00 PM

The same thing happened to me this cycle.  I had an extremely "almost" + on cd 16, at 10 am and 2 pm followed by an obvious - at 8pm.  On CD 17 I had a VERY positive around noon followed by a very negative at about 8pm the same day.  Im not temping so I have no way to really tell the exact O day but Im thinking it had to be late last night or early this morning??? I am on CD 18 today. 

Not Ranked
Posts 518
SMK replied on 08-25-2010 3:46 PM

I was just going to post almost the same question! I had a positive yesterday (3rd pee of the day, around 1:30 pm), then a negative that evening after 4 hours of waiting and without excessive fluid intake. This morning I used SMU, at around 12:30 pm, and got a very strong positive!  My question was whether LH is released continuously once the surge starts, or in cycles, and the knowledgeable DJ has already answered that!

If no pg this cycle, I may start testing 2x a day, and use the FMU for the first one. My cycle is irregular enough that I would like a little extra heads up - but would use the afternoon test to record whether that day's tests were neg or pos...

Sara (33)

BFP 09/07/10

EDD 5/19/11

Baby Girl arrived 4/22/11 at 36 weeks (Earth Day baby!)

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/smk/pccharts/5.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS