Archive Site

Search

help

Are you still sick any with Zofran? Do you take it every day?

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 819
3hearts Posted: 08-05-2010 12:05 PM

I'll be 7 weeks on monday and I take zofran every day.  I still feel nauseus off and on with the zofran but I haven't thrown up.  Is this normal? 

I had really high hcg levels so I'm already a little worried!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 32,355
AmyD. replied on 08-05-2010 12:38 PM

Yeah, it's normal. What's your dose? Mine was 1 every 8 hours, and it worked best if I took it like clockwork.

Maggie -Smart & Sassy-11/7/03  ~  Charlie -Sweet & Funny -7/4/06  ~  Stella -Small & Mighty -4/24/09

My etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BabyDear

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 8,311
Paradox replied on 08-05-2010 1:08 PM

It lessens my nausea but it doesn't get rid of it completely.  By the time I got the Rx I was a ltitle further along  (11 weeks, should have taken them up on the offer sooner...) so I don't need it every day anymore, but I use it every other day or so.  It's the most helpful at night when the nausea is keeping me awake.

Karen (36) and DH (36) and our 3 beautiful boys!

Angel 10/2003 10 weeks Angel 01/2010  8 weeks

Not Ranked
Posts 2,003
babycrazy27 replied on 08-05-2010 1:39 PM

Same here during the first 20 weeks - took away the vomiting but not always the nausea. I asked about it here and got a helpful tip to make sure to drink lots of water and stay super hydrated, that it works best that way. I took 4 mg every 6-8 hours, mostly during the day b/c it made me restless and not sleep that well at night.

Me (Jill) - 30 & DH - 30, together 16 years, married 8

1 Angel - 08-14-07

Baby Boy  Anthony - 10-10-08, BF for 13.5 months

Baby Girl Tessa - 10-25-10, brand new!

Not Ranked
Posts 631
zzdeleted27424 replied on 08-05-2010 4:30 PM

I've been taking Zofran every day and I also still feel nauseous.  Last weekend I assumed it wasn't working (and I was really bothered by the side effect of constipation) so I didn't take my usual first dose of the day.  I started throwing up a couple hours later, so I guess it was working!  I still throw up if I don't stay on top of it and take a tablet at the time I normally do.  I have the tablets that disolve on your tongue, but I just swallow them with water because it makes me gag to let them sit on my tongue.  My doctor said I can take up to 4 per day.  I try to keep it at 2 per day or 3 at the most (because of the constipation).  I also take 1/2 of a Unisom at night to help with the nausea at night and sleeping (I don't have trouble sleeping except that I wake up nauseous and can't get back to sleep).  My doctor suggested this and said it is fine to combine the two (Zofran and Unisom).  I don't like taking more than 1/2 Unisom though or I am too groggy the next day.  GL!  I can't wait until this passes.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Link to My Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 234
Mavy replied on 08-05-2010 7:30 PM

I started taking it once a day but I was still throwing up and nauseous. so I stopped taking it for a few days.  I don't think it makes a big difference for me.  Maybe if I took it more than once a day but my Dr. prescribed it that way!!  when I told her it wasn't working she prescribed Reglan instead but after reading about some of the safety issues with Reglan I opted not to take it!!  m/s has been soooooooo horrid this time around.  it seriously makes me not want to get PG again!

2 m/c Angel

Baby Boy DS 12/3/07

#2 on the way!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 5,070
gemasita replied on 08-05-2010 7:31 PM

I am nauseous on Zofran, although it's not as bad as before I got on it.  And it did really stop the vomiting right away when I started taking it.  I take 4mg every 12 hours and a few weeks ago, I tried a half dose once/day and started vomiting again.

Jamie, 35, DH Jeff, 35.  No tubes, one ovary, four rounds of IVF, all BFNs.
Fifth IVF cycle - BFP on 5/24/2010!!! Finally it's my turn!!!! Due 1/29/11 (my birthday!)
Birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.

Elliott Carter Jackson has arrived!  Home waterbirth on 2/2/2011.  8lbs 2oz.

Not Ranked
Posts 824
sweet honey replied on 08-06-2010 10:02 PM

Been taking Zofran from 6 weeks on and I am almost 39 weeks now, First it was 8mg 3 times a day and now just once a day. The vomiting went away and the same with the nausea but it would come back in waves. I've tried to completely stop taking it and about 24-36 hours later I was so nauseated I had to re start it agian. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS