Archive Site

Search

Compare Charts

help

Normal for belly to feel swollen, tight and hard after meals?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 490
Sadin2009 Posted: 07-15-2010 7:15 PM

Hi all. I'm 14 weeks this week and have noticed my belly feeling swollen, tight and sometimes hard after meals, even when I don't eat too much :) Not sure if this is normal? Also, I have what I think are round ligament pains every day and night. The doctor said not to worry but should they be occurring this often? (In the beginning they feel like they're going to turn into cramps but then soften and become little twinges, twists or aches instead. The sharper ones occur at night in bed when I turn from one side to the other, or get out of bed).

32 years old, EDD 01/12/11; first pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 6 weeks 5 days (subchorionic hematoma); Hashimoto's thyroiditis

Thyroid--175 mcg Synthroid daily

Homozygous for MTHFR mutation--2 copies of C677T, heterozygous for PAI-1 (4g/5g). Had to stop Lovenox injections at 5 weeks gestation due to intrauterine bleed, which thankfully cleared after 2 weeks strict bed rest; switched to daily low-dose (baby) aspirin, prescription prenatal vitamin (PreNate Elite), 2 tabs of generic of Folgard and 3 tablets of 800mcg folic acid (generic drugstore brand)

Acupuncture once a week for 3 months seems to have helped with luteal phase defect/ problem with corpus luteum

Not Ranked
Posts 334
jacquie2008 replied on 07-15-2010 10:23 PM

I remember feeling really full after eating when I was in my early 2nd trimester It didn't matter how little I ate. I would feel bloated like I was puffing out my stomach and it eventually went away.I never really noticed my round ligament pain until the end of my 4th month and it was usually at night as well when I would get up after being on my side.It was normal for me.

Me 25 DH 32
BFP 15dpo !
DD born 7/22/10Baby Girl
Found a new passion as a Birth and Postpartum Doula and loving every minute of it!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Not Ranked
Posts 277
Moonshimmer replied on 07-15-2010 10:38 PM

Yes, definitely completely normal! Well, for me anyway too lol. Around then I definitely noticed my belling feeling swollen after meals. Actually, I would wake up and have no belly and it would gradually get bigger through out the day and especially once dinner was done you could definitely see a belly.

As for the pains... that's exactly what I'm feeling too. Mine started around 14 weeks a bit, but went away and really came back last week (16) and still now even. I usually notice within a day or two that my belly looks bigger too. This is my first, so I'm thinking round ligiment paiins and uterus stretching also?

I'm sure everything is completely normal. I'm just trying to enjoy this non glamourous side of pregnancy too.  Laugh

Me 33 Kiss DH 36    TTC 2 1/2 years w/ unexplained infertility

Our little man made our family complete on Dec. 21, 2010

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 4,964
piper replied on 07-16-2010 7:41 AM

My belly feels like that after eating and I am only 6 weeks.  Its still pretty flat until I eat  - then I look like I am 16 weeks pregnant - its awful!

me: 35 Kiss  DH: 44

Baby Boy Sept 2008 - IVF/ICSI

Baby Girl March 2011 - au natural

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS