Archive Site

Search

Compare Charts

help

unexplained vaginal bleeding - breakthrough bleeding?

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 11
sarita884 Posted: 04-26-2010 3:50 PM

Four days after my period this cycle, I started having sharp pain in the ovaries with light spotting. After three days, I started having more intense cramping that took my breath away and constant gushing blood with little clots. I went last night to the urgent care center in my city, and they want to refer me for a transvaginal ultrasound. Could I have ovarian cysts or possibly even endometriosis? (my mother had endometriosis)

I was also told I have a yeast infection. Can this cause the bleeding?

I am really worried about this unexplained vaginal bleeding. Today is the second day of heavy period-like bleeding, but I experienced 3 days of light spotting prior to the more heavy bleeding. I usually ovulate around this time, and my temps confirm I ovulated last night. Can breakthrough bleeding be so heavy?

Any thoughts?

Not Ranked
Posts 474
Crackaleen replied on 04-26-2010 6:29 PM

Sometimes when you have a yeast, BV, or other type infection, your cervix and vaginal tissues can become very inflamed/friable and you can experience some bleeding or spotting (usually noticed with sexual activity).  Given your description though, I highly doubt yeast is responsible for the type of bleeding you're having.   It sounds much more like a ruptured ovarian cyst to me (I'm not a doctor though).  When do you go for the u/s?  

Best of luck Hug

My chart - Charting for fun since 2004, officially TTA since 2009

Pet Lovers of Ovusoft and Natural Living buddy groups - all are welcome, please come and join!

Not Ranked
Posts 11
sarita884 replied on 04-26-2010 6:54 PM

Not until Wednesday. I am still bleeding, though. If a cyst has ruptured, what could be done about it?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS