Archive Site

Search

help

How soon after implantation did you get BFP?

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
Not Ranked
Posts 168
sleeplessinab Posted: 04-20-2010 12:58 PM

Hey all, thanks for reading. My temp dipped today and I noticed some light brown spotting. In figure it's either AF coming tommorrow or thursday, or late implantation (I'm 12DPO). Wondering, how long after implantation did you get your BFP? If I tested tommorrow morning (provided my temp goes back up) would there be a high enough level of HCG yet? How long after implantation does it take for those levels to be high enough to be picked up?

TIA!! Smile

Sarah (23) DH (26) Heart (05.01.07)

Baby Girl Eva (07.09.09) 7lbs 2oz ~ Drug-free hospital birth with doula ~ BF for 18.5 months Smile

Angel (12.01.10) Gone to be with Jesus @ 4w4d ~ 7 months TTC Broken Heart

Baby Baby #2 (EDD 09.13.11) Planning a home birth in water with midwife ~ So excited!

"When a child hits a child, we call it aggression. When a child hits an adult, we call it hostility. When an adult hits an adult, we call it assault. But when an adult hits a child, we call it discipline." ~ Haim Ginott

My Charts:   http://tcoyf.com/members/sleeplessinab/charts/default.aspx

Not Ranked
Posts 396
Criston replied on 04-20-2010 3:31 PM

I'm sorry to say I don't know the answers to your questions, but I have the same questions!  I had what I thought was light pink implantation spotting 9 & 10dpo and I took tests 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 dpo (I'm 13dpo) and if I've seen a second line on any of those tests I could probably chalk it up to my imagination.  But I hope I did have implantation spotting those 2 days and my temps have stayed elevated, so I am also curious if anyone else has experienced spotting and had a late BFP after previous (and numerous) BFN's.  I would tell you the answer if I knew, but I wanted to bump this post up because I am curious to know too! AF is due tomorrow for me, but so far my temps have been pretty steadily high.  Yet still BFN after BFN.  Boo.

So, anyone out there able to answer our questions?  What if we're both late implanters?  When could WE expect to see our BFP's then?  (Or are we doomed to see AF soon?).

To read more about my journey, and about my life, check this out: **My personal blog**  (updated frequently!)
MY TCOYF CHART          

(For more on our prior history, which is complicated, please see my TCOYF profile!)

Due July 14, 2011 - It's a.........suprise (we didn't find out)!  But we will soon, as our due date approaches!

pregnant  

BabyFruit Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 168
sleeplessinab replied on 04-20-2010 4:29 PM

We're pretty well cycle buddies!! PLEASE someone answer our questions!! Laugh Smile I've already been POAS too much and have wound up with 4 BFN (7, 10, 11, 12 DPO) I want to POAS tommorrow too but thinking maybe it's too soon if today was implantation spotting? But if I had a temp dip this morn, then maybe yesterday was the implantation? Anyways, I'm sure I'll POAS tommorrow anyways! Here's to hoping we both get our BFP SOON!!! Fingers Crossed

Baby Girl Eva (07.09.09) 7lbs 2oz ~ Drug-free hospital birth with doula ~ BF for 18.5 months Smile

Baby Baby #2 (EDD 09.13.11) Planning a home birth in water with midwife ~ So excited!

"When a child hits a child, we call it aggression. When a child hits an adult, we call it hostility. When an adult hits an adult, we call it assault. But when an adult hits a child, we call it discipline." ~ Haim Ginott

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 660
mce120210 replied on 04-20-2010 4:53 PM

I am no expert but I thought I heard it takes a total of 1 week for implanatation to occur (maybe even longer) and around 4 days or so for the HCG to build up to make a + HPT-- so maybe wait a couple of days after the spotting has ended or your missed period?? sorry not much help Good Luck to you all and Baby Dust

Not Ranked
Posts 140
ldeangel_01 replied on 04-20-2010 4:55 PM

Hey ladies found these yesterday! hope they help! some statistics on implantation spotting !Smile

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/implantation-bleeding-stats.php

me(27) dh(30)..happily married since 9/20/08Kiss..TTC #1 since 7/09Fingers Crossed

4/24/2010- BFP!!! first one ever..13dpo!

5/12/2010- HB 122bpmHeart               7/15/2010- HB 162bpmHeart

6/18/2010- HB 166bpmHeart               8/17/2010- the big u/s!!

url=http://www.pregnology.com/pregnancy/01/02/2011][/url]Make a pregnancy ticker

my chart

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 1,926
VJHarvey replied on 04-20-2010 4:58 PM

Remember that implantation is a 4 day process.  After implantation is finished, it takes a couple days for HCG to build up enough to turn an HPT positive.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2,244
Onebabysofar replied on 04-20-2010 5:01 PM

With DS (chart #3) I had implantation spotting (9dpo) and had a positive digi 2 days later (11 dpo).  With my current pregnancy (whatever chart # that pops up if you click on my link) I didn't have any spotting but I had a little dip in my temps (10 dpo) and the next day I had a very very very faint squinter.  It was so faint that I didn't even call it a BFP until the next day when my test was a smidge darker.  That afternoon my beta was only 14!

Best of luck to you! 

Not Ranked
Posts 399
Racy31 replied on 04-20-2010 5:07 PM

In my experiences, with DD1 I didn't test early or anything, but I had spotting on 12dpo.  I thought it was AF starting so didn't even test.  The next day at 13dpo, the spotting stopped instead of AF starting full blown so I tested and it was VERY dark +.  So in that case, implantation must have been going on for a few days already.

With DD2, no spotting or signs of implantation at all, but I tested + at 12dpo.  (I can't believe I waited that long...didn't test earlier than that!)

With this pregnancy, I spotted at 3-4dpo.  I have NO clue why b/c that seems too early for implantation and I have NEVER spotted at ovulation (plus this was well after O).  I tested negative at 10dpo, faint + at 11dpo, and definite + at 12dpo.

Not Ranked
Posts 168
sleeplessinab replied on 04-20-2010 5:51 PM

Thanks everyone! I guess I'll see if my temp is higher or lower tommorrow and test if it goes up... I just won't be able to wait! Embarrassed Your insight was helpful and interesting!

Not Ranked
Posts 396
Criston replied on 04-20-2010 6:35 PM

Same with me - if my temp stays up tomorrow and AF doesn't show up, I'll test again...but if AF shows up, then I guess my hopes will be dashed yet another month.  I'm praying I get a BFP soon though!

To read more about my journey, and about my life, check this out: **My personal blog**  (updated frequently!)
MY TCOYF CHART          

(For more on our prior history, which is complicated, please see my TCOYF profile!)

Due July 14, 2011 - It's a.........suprise (we didn't find out)!  But we will soon, as our due date approaches!

pregnant  

BabyFruit Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 396
Criston replied on 04-20-2010 6:39 PM

Sleepless - we ARE pretty much cycle buddies, at least almost DPO buddies!  I hope you and me both get our BFP's tomorrow.  I have had 5 BFN days so far and I'm 1 dpo farther than you are!  I am afraid AF is coming though...however, my CP is still high and I have had creamy CF since ovulation (again...last month too!) and I am sure that I have felt implantation cramps both this month and last month.  So if I don't get pregnant, I might as well get checked out and rule out any problems after this month!  I have a referral to a GYN/OB so after this cycle is up I'll try and get in to see her about all this silliness...

Let's just get our BFP's tomorrow though, and save us both the trouble of waiting another cycle to try again!

MY TCOYF CHART          

pregnant  

BabyFruit Ticker

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 592
bec11942 replied on 04-20-2010 7:33 PM

this is my first pregnancy and i didn't have inplantation spotting.  on a whim i tested 11dpo and got a positive on a frer test.  i don't know if it would have shown up a dollar tree cheapie test.  i had a new box of frer so i tested again 12dpo and 14dpo.....lol still +

becca 32

best hubby ever-Doug 36

Aiden James born 12-15-10     9lbs 7oz born at 39 weeks

Not Ranked
Posts 168
sleeplessinab replied on 04-20-2010 9:21 PM

Criston:

Let's just get our BFP's tomorrow though, and save us both the trouble of waiting another cycle to try again!

Sounds great to me!! Post back here or on the 2WW about your POAS tommorrow and I will too. Lets get those BFP's!!! Bring it on!!! Baby Dust

Not Ranked
Posts 35
turtlemom replied on 04-20-2010 11:00 PM

sleepless and criston - 

i'm hoping for BFP's for you both tomorrow!  I'm 11 dpo today, AF would probably be thursday... unless POAS tomorrow gives good news??    blessings to you both!

Not Ranked
Posts 168
sleeplessinab replied on 04-21-2010 8:29 AM

BFN. My temp didn't go up or down... it stayed the same. Sad How about you Criston?

Not Ranked
Posts 396
Criston replied on 04-21-2010 10:33 AM

BFN, and if you look at my chart my temp nosedived.  I thought I'd have AF by now this morning.  Some AF-type cramping/gassiness/bloating/low back pain (the whole yucky-AF thing) last evening so I knew I was out, but I also woke up 2 times in the night - around 3:30am or so and then again around 5:30am (only for a split second to look at the clock each time) and then I had a weird, half-sleep from about 5:30 til 6am when I took my temp.  I was asleep, but it was my "I need to go back to sleep" sleep.  I don't think restless sleep could make my temp go down THAT Much, so I think AF is going to show her face any minute.

I also have a headache.  I'm 14dpo and AF is supposed to show today.  But this morning I have none of the type of AF cramping I had last night, and no spotting upon cervical fluid checks  @ the cervix.  So I don't know what's going on.  With my temp and my dpo though I don't think it matters...AF is right around the corner.  I'll let you know if I DON'T see her today.  But yah, boo :(  I don't know why it didn't work these last 2 months!  We tried so hard, and now I am afraid it'll take a super-long time to get pregnant :(  If I see AF, I'm going to be lazy all week.  Just because I am that disappointed.

MY TCOYF CHART          

pregnant  

BabyFruit Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 168
sleeplessinab replied on 04-21-2010 11:05 AM

I'm so sorry. Hug If it's any consolation, AF sudennly showed up at my door just now, Angry after only a few minutes of warning cramps. Sad I thought I had such a good chance! Here's to hoping next month is ours! Pray

Not Ranked
Posts 396
Criston replied on 04-22-2010 1:15 PM

Well, I just found out my body's capable of a 14 day luteal phase.  I thought it was usually 13 days but I guess I haven't been charting temps as long as everything else and my temps seem to be my biggest indicator (when correlating with OPK's).  So I guess maybe my LP is 13 days long but with a bonus day every so often.  Yesterday was 14dpo.  I had a temp dip yesterday and it went even lower today.  I had spotting 9-10dpo.  AF-type cramping/gas/low back pain in evening on 13dpo for just a few minutes.  And I got AF today.  Boo.  I guess I am still all right, because it only took me 16 days to ovulate this month and it used to take at least 19 days, giving me about a 13 day luteal phase, and 32 day cycle.  Now if I am capable of a CD 16 ovulation, I hope it happens more often!

I am hoping for us both to get our BFP's at the end of our new cycles.  I thought we both had such a good chance!

Adios!

MY TCOYF CHART          

pregnant  

BabyFruit Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 168
sleeplessinab replied on 04-23-2010 12:37 PM

I'm glad you O earlier like that... it took me 31 days!!! And that was sooner than the last cycle! I hope it continues to happen sooner. A month to wait to O is too much waiting!!! I guess my LP was 12 days... that was the first month finding that out. Hope that's long enough.

I thought we had such a good chance too! Hope O happens earlier for us both this month and we can get our BFP's. Take care!

Not Ranked
Posts 396
Criston replied on 04-23-2010 2:41 PM

I don't always O earlier...used to be 19 days before my pregnancy/miscarriage.  The previous two cycles before this last CD 16 ovulation took like 29 or 30 days to ovulate!  But that could be contributed to sickness/stress in both cycles in the preovulatory phases.  Gave me two 42 day cycles though!  I was horrified my cycles would never shorten until I was surprised to find myself ovulating earlier this last cycle!  Guess stress/sickness could have contributed, eh! 

I hope you don't take too long to O anymore.  I hope you can get that figured out.  doesn't it suck when you ovulate that late?  then it's like there's less opportunities each year to conceive!  And there's so much waiting involved...  12 days should be long enough of a LP though.  I have a 13 day luteal phase (normally) and both our LP's are right in the normal range (12-16).  If you seem to have long-term conceiving problems, though, then I'd go to a doc to get progesterone or other vitamins/other stuff checked out to see if maybe it can be lengthened.  I might do that if I see my temps drop when (if) I get pregnant again, just to make sure everything's on the right track.  But I'm not too worried yet.

Let's both tell our bodies to smarten up, give us a good, nice, and early O this cycle, tell those little swimmers to do their part, and then coach our bodies through to implantation and beyond...If only it was that easy.  But I hope for a BFP for both of us at the end of this cycle. 

MY TCOYF CHART          

pregnant  

BabyFruit Ticker

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS