Archive Site

Search

help

HELP! I think I got a BFP instantly...but then it disappeared between 3 and 10 minutes. Doubt it was an evap!

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 396
Criston Posted: 03-19-2010 8:28 PM

I POAS (dipped my stick in a cup) this morning at 10dpo and I saw a line right away as the urine moved across the test!  I was about to start cheering and was almost ready to throw my idea of telling my hubby after his work away, when the line seemed to get lighter and lighter.  Sometime before 10 minutes I couldn't read it anymore :(  I thought I could still see a line (which I thought was pink) when I tilted it.  Has anyone ever gotten a BFP like this? Later during the day when I decided to open the test case and examine inside for myself, I could see a definite pink line on the piece of material attached to the results strip...but not where that material strip met the pee wick.  Does this make sense? Here is another description I found elsewhere online:

(my question is...has anybody taking a FRER test apart that had a positive result? what did you see? i saw a plastic piece where the results are displayed and cotton applicator type where the urine hover_boxes.hoverize_link('term_3267230_2', 'highlight_term') collects (not what you pee on)...i also saw a line over where the urine hover_boxes.hoverize_link('term_3267230_3', 'highlight_term') collects and my control hover_boxes.hoverize_link('term_3267230_4', 'highlight_term') line on the plastic piece... but do HPTs display a line where the urine hover_boxes.hoverize_link('term_3267230_5', 'highlight_term') would collect to indicate a positive which would then make the second line on the plastic piece? well...as soon as i opened it up there was def a second pink line where the test is actually done and the control line was also dark and pink but where the second line should have shown before breaking it open was not dark at all. i got so frustrated and threw it out . i wish i could draw on here so i could show you what im talking about... there's the plastic piece which displays the test results and there the cotton piece where the test detects hcg....the cotton piece is what had the second pink line on it . i called first response and asked them and they told me that its possible the line displayed at the incorrect place and are sending me a refund .)

It looks like I may have had a BFP based on everything, but I am wondering if it's possible?  Here are some pictures!

^^^^
If you look straight above my '^' symbols, inside the FRER test, on that material part (the part that detects the hormone, there is a pink line.  It is much more clear in person but my camera did not want to focus on it.  You can see the pink though.  The line is what I believe caused me to get a "disappearing positive".  Could this happen if my hormones were not strong enough to signal a stronger positive?  Unfortunately my camera wasn't around to capture the initial line on the results window.  Boo.

^^^

Here is another pic with arrows for you. Camera did not focus as well on the pink line in the material part, but here's a look at the inside of the test.  I heard that the test won't turn pink there unless it reacts to HCG.  I want a BFP so bad that I hope I wasn't imagining this!  I've heard that this is possible.  Anyone have experience with these results this early on?! 

I will test again tomorrow morning or the morning after, but I need some help now!  So, anyone ever gotten a FAINT BFP at 10dpo like this (I thought I implanted around 6 dpo or so),whether or not they cracked open the test and found what I found?  The line wasn't an evap - appeared right away and was pink!  I hope my eyes aren't playing tricks on me.  Plus, my boobs are changing and I'm sure it's b/c of pregnancy...

So, HEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!

To read more about my journey, and about my life, check this out: **My personal blog**  (updated frequently!)
MY TCOYF CHART          

(For more on our prior history, which is complicated, please see my TCOYF profile!)

Due July 14, 2011 - It's a.........suprise (we didn't find out)!  But we will soon, as our due date approaches!

pregnant  

BabyFruit Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 54
becstalls replied on 03-19-2010 9:07 PM

The thing about HPTs is that you CANNOT try to read them until the background is white again--which is why they tell you not to read it for x period of time.  The reason this is, is that when the dye moves across the filter material, it will naturally slow down where there are any impediments--such as the two spots soaked with the appropriate sensitive chemicals for positive and control.  In other words, I would try not to get my hopes up about this particular test, if I were you.  

The good news is, you can pee on another stick and promise not to peek until the appropriate amount of time has passed, then post a pic and we'll all squint at it.  Smile

I hope I don't seem unkind--I've read what you've been through and I simply wish to keep you informed and off the emotional roller-coaster as much as possible.  The best thing you can do is forget you took this test and take another tomorrow.  I think you'll be much happier with the results.  Fingers Crossed for you!  Hug

Not Ranked
Posts 396
Criston replied on 03-19-2010 11:22 PM

Thanks for your response and for understanding my background!

I know I have little hope for this test if it's a positive.  But I'll hopefully have better results tomorrow or after.  It's only 10dpo so if there was any chance it detected anything it obviously is too early to be certain.  I bought some more pee tests (what I call them, haha) and I'll pee on another tomorrow.  I hope it'll be a BFP tomorrow but that's still only 11dpo but of course, like many on here, I've got a POAS addiction since we started really TTC.  So yah, I'll satisfy my craving tomorrow and hopefully have better results - clearer results either way.  I am going to call in the lot number though on Monday to FRER b/c they told me on the phone today that this isn't a normal response and they wanted a lot number (which I didn't have with me) so maybe they'll give me a free voucher or send me a new package...I've heard of them doing that for others who have had some doubts with situations like these.  Anywho, thanks for understanding and for responding!

To read more about my journey, and about my life, check this out: **My personal blog**  (updated frequently!)
MY TCOYF CHART          

(For more on our prior history, which is complicated, please see my TCOYF profile!)

Due July 14, 2011 - It's a.........suprise (we didn't find out)!  But we will soon, as our due date approaches!

pregnant  

BabyFruit Ticker

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS