Archive Site

Search

Compare Charts

help

Twin pregnancy - did you have cramping in early stages?

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 1,581
Believe37 Posted: 02-14-2010 3:02 PM

Hi - we just found out we are having twins after multiple losses so I am both excited and scared to death! I have had some light cramping starting last week in week 5, which I understand can be from your uterus trying to expand. I feel slight pulling on both the right and left sides at the top of the "hair area" very close to where your vagina meets the crease in your leg.  It is not painful but is unnerving because I know the sacs are close to there.  If I hadn't had an u/s on Friday showing both beans in my uterus I would be worried about a tubal since I feel it mostly on the right side.  Seeking experience from other twin or multiple pregnancies - did you cramp and if so, how many days/weeks did it last?

TIA Flowers!

Heart Rox

Rox (39), DH (40)

TTC #1 since October '06

5 Angel's all before 8 weeks

IVFs 10/08 and 8/09 = BFN

One more try Jan/Feb 2010 = BFP!! Twins Surprise!!

Zachary Vincent & Lillyana Grace arrived via c-section on September 15, 2010 at 36.5 weeks healthy and happy - Thank You God!!

My Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 242
sadie39 replied on 02-16-2010 6:14 AM

Congratulations on the twins!!! I'm 29 weeks pregnant with twins after 2 very hard losses last year, so I totally understand! If there is one thing I have learned from this pregnancy, it's that nothing seems to go the way a singleton pregnancy does. If I ask friends about their pregnancies they usually freak me out because all of my symptoms have been so amplified. I did cramp a little bit and I started getting round ligament pain WAY early- I was worried about an ectopic as well because we had a really nasty one last March. Do NOT hesitate to call your doc and see if they can get you in or at least consult over the phone if you are concerned about something. It's so much better than sitting there worrying and given your history I would hope they would be more than understanding! I've called the doctor on call so many times!!!! I'm not sure if you have found the forum "twinstuff.com", but it has been an amazing help so far for me!! Best wishes for a healthy and happy 9 months!!!! 

Not Ranked
Posts 226
rtj replied on 02-16-2010 8:08 AM

I'm 10 weeks pregnant with twins and have also had cramping and lower back pain which concerns me but I also think it is not abnormal. The main think I'm paying attention to is any abnormal discharge etc. Congrats! It's quite a shock but a wonderful blessing!

Not Ranked
Posts 337
theotherLAgirl replied on 02-17-2010 11:08 PM

I just found out this morning that I'm 7w5d with twins, and after the "OMG" feeling, the next thought I had was, "That explains all the abdominal discomfort!"  I've definitely been having some cramping, round ligament type pain, and a strong "pulling" sensation on my left side.  I'm assuming it's normal, because they said everything looks great at my u/s this morning.  Shrug

Stacy (24) Heart DH (27)

Baby Boy Avery Truitt - March 1, 2007

TWINS  Baby BoyBaby Girl due sometime around October 1, 2010  Fingers Crossed

22 cycles TTC#2, BFP 1/19 @ 10dpo, HCG @ 11dpo = 60, HCG @ 13dpo = 249, U/S 2/17 - TWO heartbeats!

Not Ranked
Posts 492
luvnmymunchkins replied on 02-18-2010 9:17 AM

I find this very interesting...I don't have an appointment until mid-March (my first) and will be just past 8 weeks. I don't know anything (obviously) but am interested to find out if I am having twins. I felt o pain on both sides this month, very odd for me, actually I hardly ever o from the right. But I have been having lots of pulling/stretching pain, once it almost felt like a tearing sensation when I bent over to reach for something. Though I felt o pain on both sides, most of the other pains I am having have been on the left. Also, I got my first pos test at 7dpo, and have been much more sensitive to things and way more nauseous than my other pregnancies much sooner, as well as totally exhausted (also sooner). When did y'all get bfps? How are symptoms compared to other pregnancies (for those of you that have others)?

Not Ranked
Posts 1,050
citizenpelikan replied on 02-18-2010 7:26 PM

I didn't have cramps but I wonder, since you mention it's mainly on one side, that it might be a cyst on one of your ovaries.  That's pretty common.

Me, him, 1+1+1+1 DDs

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 21,104
Calladona replied on 02-19-2010 6:00 PM

I'm not pregnant with twins, but I wanted to say the cramping a lot is really common even with singleton pregnancies. HugHug  Congrats!!

Susan - 30 married to Chris -31

Catherine Anne born via c-section June 30, 2008

Rebecca Marie born naturally April 18, 2010

expecting #3 January 15, 2012

BabyFetus Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 537
my life rocks replied on 02-19-2010 6:19 PM

Yes, cramping was my only symptom until 7-8 weeks when the m/s started.   And up to 20 weeks I felt like my uterus hurt.  None of my pg girlfriends knew what I was talking about, so it kinda freaked me out, but my doc kept reassuring me that it was normal.  Good luck to you and congratulations!

Not Ranked
Posts 1,581
Believe37 replied on 02-25-2010 3:58 PM

Thanks ladies - you made me feel MUCH better! The RE says everything looks great but the cramping/pulling continues. They said it was round lingament pain and is completely normal.  Of course I went on "Dr Google" and the very first hit described exactly what I am feeling so that was good Smile!  I did find out I have a small cyst on my left ovary but it's been there since my last IVF in August so I don't think it is the culprit.  Is there a twin buddy group? If not, does anyone want to be buddies?

H&H pregnancies to all!

Heart Rox

Rox (39), DH (40)

TTC #1 since October '06

Zachary Vincent & Lillyana Grace arrived via c-section on September 15, 2010 at 36.5 weeks healthy and happy - Thank You God!!

My Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 1,581
Believe37 replied on 02-25-2010 4:00 PM

PS - I am 7 weeks 3 days - the Other LA girl we are almost exactly the same!!

Rox (39), DH (40)

TTC #1 since October '06

My Chart

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,794
Jennifer_MLT replied on 02-26-2010 4:24 PM

is kind of has me nervous--lol  I just found out I'm Chick and never considered twins but I have that same pulling, tugging feeling you are describing

Me--30,  DH--32,  DD--4,  Baby Boy born 10/9/10   Heart Angel 03/2008,  Angel02/2009    

my online chart  

Not Ranked
Posts 2,142
bkynurse replied on 02-26-2010 7:32 PM

Yes, on and off throughout the first trimester.

Congratulations and best of luck!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS