Archive Site

Search

help

Can Tooth pain be a sign of early pregnancy?

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 1,653
ErikaKoop Posted: 01-29-2010 9:23 PM

So, I think I have a sinus infection and so when my tooth became sore, it made sense to me from the sinus infection. But this "tooth ache" has moved around in my mouth Shrug I don't even know if I am pregnant or not, but my friend said that tooth pain can be a sign of pregnancy and I was shocked! I've had other early symptoms with my other pregnancies, but never this one!

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Erika

DH: 33  Kiss  ME: 32  Heart  Happily married for 7 years and counting!     

]

My Chart

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 1,854
Sweetsmurf replied on 01-29-2010 9:28 PM

Hey Erika,

I've never noticed it, but now that you mentioned it, I've been noticing that some days, there are times when my teeth seem extra sensitive.  They almost feel like they are vibrating really lightly or something.  I don't know how else to describe it, it's an odd feeling.

M/C - Sept 22/09 - 12wks2days Angel

Life is funny. It can make you inexplicably happy, and also inexplicably sad. It can knock you down so that you feel you won't be able to carry on any longer, but then you find the strength to pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and carry on, stronger than before.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 17,763
shellymoe replied on 01-29-2010 10:23 PM

Gum sensitivity is common in pregnancy.  However, it usually occurs as blood flow increases.  I don't think the increase would be so prominent this early in pregnancy (like during the 2ww) to cause oral pain.

It makes more sense to me that you're just having "traveling" toothaches because of the drainage from the sinus infection running through your cavities (not tooth cavities, but oral/facial cavities = areas of space) .

Not Ranked
Posts 1,653
ErikaKoop replied on 01-30-2010 3:02 PM

Thanks! 

Shelly~ That makes much more sense to me too! My friend just mentioned it and I thought I'd post!

If it doesn't get better in the next few days though, I will be going to the dentist, cause tylenol isn't cutting it!

Erika

DH: 33  Kiss  ME: 32  Heart  Happily married for 7 years and counting!     

]

My Chart

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 17,763
shellymoe replied on 01-30-2010 10:13 PM

No problem!

Yeah, definitely get it checked if it doesn't get any better.  There's nothing worse than an abscessed tooth!No  Also, it could be that you are pregnant and therefore, a little more sensitive to what the drainage is doing.  So be sure to POAS before having dental work done.Fingers Crossed

Not Ranked
Posts 202
KristenAM replied on 01-30-2010 10:30 PM

I have never heard of it being a pregnancy sign... I do know that toothache pain can move around tooth to tooth especially when the pain is coming from a sinus infection.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 32,355
AmyD. replied on 01-31-2010 2:38 PM

KristenAM:

I have never heard of it being a pregnancy sign... I do know that toothache pain can move around tooth to tooth especially when the pain is coming from a sinus infection.

LAD. I've had bad toothaches from sinus pressure. The dentist could tell from an x-ray that it was my sinuses and not an infection in the tooth.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS