help

FRERS- I probably will never buy another one! Rant

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
Not Ranked
Posts 1,088
Ahna Posted: 05-20-2011 10:54 AM

I posted in the squint buddies forum, and I guess everyone thought I had a BFP on a Frer? But now I did 4 cheapies and I am not sure, but mostly looked BFN. Not for sure, but?

My temp went down to coverline or so today, I am having nausea, ect, I felt sorta Pregnant

I am planning on calling Frer and demanding my money back for seeing two Lines. I think the picture I posted is within or right at or right before the 10 minute mark?  Its RIDICULUS for people to see two lines on a test, get all excited and think their pregnant when there really not.

Im just  upset, because it has sent me on a rollercoaster. We were TTA and then I thought I might get pregnant because we had sex the day of ovulation. So I get these FRER tests that are 10.00+ for 2 tests supposed to give a positive result up to 6 days before missed period. I saw the line in the picture, and others did too.

My period has not come yet, but I am just not happy with these tests because other tests have been pretty negative.

Not Ranked
Posts 52
aplatanada replied on 05-20-2011 11:26 AM

I'm sorry this happened.  I got what I thought was a positive test once and it was crushing when other tests turned out negative and AF showed up. 

I suggested getting some ICs (internet cheapies).  I find them to be accurate and best of all, really cheap. This is the brand I like: http://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-Pregnancy-Test-Strips-25-count/dp/B0002YIQEQ

Good luck!

Not Ranked
Posts 249
jennayoung99 replied on 05-20-2011 12:24 PM

not sure if i read this properly, but did you say you had a positive after 10 minutes? if you are waiting longer than the amount of time printed on the box the result isn't accurate. also if the test is old or expired it can also be inaccurate. FR tests are the only ones i use and they have never let me down (i've probably peed on a good 100 or so)

~Jenna

Me: 24 Harrsion my husband: 26 - married June 16th 2007

TTC since Sept 2010, not TTA for 3 years.

BFP!!!! on Dec 27th 2010!!!! Heart beat heard on march 8, 2011!!! saw my baby's face on april 19, 2011 via ultrasound!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy ticker

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/jennayoung99/charts/2.aspx

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,935
alc1113 replied on 05-20-2011 12:42 PM

I haven't used FRER in two years but I personally never had a false positive, my ICs always showed up days after I got my first + on a FRER or AE.  I don't know what type of ICs you have but I personally didn't find them very sensitive and they were hit and miss with their sensitivity.  I wouldn't assume the FRER was wrong yet, temps don't mean much as long as they are at or above the CL, everyone gets a low day even when pg. How long is your LP usually?I remember getting +s with CBE and AE or FRER as early as 9 DPO but not getting anything on an IC until 11-13 DPO.  Luck

Amy- 34 DH- 36 Mom to 4 furbabies & 3(2 furry, 1 not) who went over the rainbow bridge

Angel 1/09-blighted ovum after trying for 1 year Broken Heart

Angel 4/09- chemical

Angel 5/09- chemical

Cycle 4- TTA just for a couple months but had an "ooops" CD 12...BFP 9DPO on an CBE and 10DPO on an AE.....STICK!!!! Pray started progesterone 6/23 appt 9/3 heard HB! nuchal scan 8/24 follow up bw 9/18 negative Yes 15 DPO- 199 23 DPO- 7883 Fingers Crossed u/s 6w4d- HB 130, measuring 6w4d Yes[/size] 20w u/s 10/12... 22w follow up u/s.... 

Baby GirlCharlotte Elizabeth- born March 6, 2010 at 7:11pm, 8lbs, 15 ozs and 22 inches long. She is perfect!!!!!

Currently TTA, waiting till next year to decide if we will have another

For Mother with Child O almighty and Everlasting God Who through the operation of the Holy Christ, didst prepare the body and soul of the glorious Virgin Mary to be a worthy dwelling place of Thy divine Son; and, through the operation of the same Holy Ghost, didst sanctify Saint John the Baptist, while still in his mother’s womb; hearken to the prayers of Thy humble servant who implore thee, through the intercession of Saint Gerard, to protect her (me); that it may be cleansed by the saving water of baptism and, after a Christian life on earth, it may with its mother, attain everlasting bliss in Heaven. Amen.

Prayer To Avoid a Miscarriage Humble Virgin and Doctor of the Church, in thirty-three years thou didst achieve great perfection and became the counselor of Popes. Thou knowest the temptations of mothers today as well as the dangers that await unborn infants. Intercede for me that I may avoid miscarriage and bring forth a healthy baby who will become a true child of God. Amen.

Not Ranked
Posts 1,088
Ahna replied on 05-20-2011 12:47 PM

I took the picture and of the test minutes after dipping it Urine. It was within the 10 minute time limit, I think, or right at, at least I know it was fairly quick after I took it  (not hours ect)

I know Im not out yet.  I called Frer company and talked to this man. He said they would refund me another package OR my money back.

What happened was close to this... I think the BFP showed up within or right around the time limit, Disappered AFTER the time limit, Then a pink line CAME BACK later less than 24 hours after it was good and dry.  The man said it should not have done this.  He told me to test Sunday again.

The cheapies I am using are $1 tests from Dollar General, and While I  **Thought** I mightave seen a pinkish line  this morning It might have been a figmant of my imagination, not sure. My camera needs batteries, so will have to see if I can find more batteries, but they looked BFN mostly. 

My cycles are hit and miss but my LP when taking this B Complex I am taking was 14 days.

Not Ranked
Posts 1,088
Ahna replied on 05-20-2011 1:16 PM

This is FMU 10 dpo. I thought I seen something, but our minds can sure play tricks on us. I just decided it was probably a BFN.

Not Ranked
Posts 1,242
AprilA replied on 05-20-2011 2:19 PM

I have peed on probably a hundred  FRERs myself and the squinter/evap lines I've seen were so faint you could hardly see them. Your FRER was very pink and very there. You're only 10DPO so if that turns out to be a faulty test, it will be the most BFP looking faulty test I've ever seen. 

Mom of 3 -  Baby Boy StepSon(Bonus Boy) James '94, Baby Girl DD Kelsey '99 - ttc for 6 months, Baby Boy Joshua '06 - ttc for 5 years 

Broken Heart Blighted Ovum dx @ 10wks - 3/4/11 - Passed naturally 3/11/11 but it was NOT a blighted ovum - 5 week embryo clearly visible. 

Broken Heart 6/20/11 10 week dx - fetal demise at 8 wks 4 days - 6/21/11 Induced m/c with cytotec - mostly done within 12 hours. 

P.S.A. **** IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW - NSAIDs can cause temporary infertility!!!*********
After 22 months of ttc #4, I STOPPED taking daily rx NSAIDs (dicloefnac) for Ankylosing Spondylitis and conceived the FIRST CYCLE off of them. And the second cycle off of them. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,935
alc1113 replied on 05-20-2011 2:53 PM

Ahna- I think I see something but I know it is easy to see something when you know where the line should be but I have used these before and for me they always got + after a FRER or AE...about 2 days and it was faint....

Amy- 34 DH- 36 Mom to 4 furbabies & 3(2 furry, 1 not) who went over the rainbow bridge

Angel 1/09-blighted ovum after trying for 1 year Broken Heart

Angel 4/09- chemical

Angel 5/09- chemical

Cycle 4- TTA just for a couple months but had an "ooops" CD 12...BFP 9DPO on an CBE and 10DPO on an AE.....STICK!!!! Pray started progesterone 6/23 appt 9/3 heard HB! nuchal scan 8/24 follow up bw 9/18 negative Yes 15 DPO- 199 23 DPO- 7883 Fingers Crossed u/s 6w4d- HB 130, measuring 6w4d Yes[/size] 20w u/s 10/12... 22w follow up u/s.... 

Baby GirlCharlotte Elizabeth- born March 6, 2010 at 7:11pm, 8lbs, 15 ozs and 22 inches long. She is perfect!!!!!

Currently TTA, waiting till next year to decide if we will have another

For Mother with Child O almighty and Everlasting God Who through the operation of the Holy Christ, didst prepare the body and soul of the glorious Virgin Mary to be a worthy dwelling place of Thy divine Son; and, through the operation of the same Holy Ghost, didst sanctify Saint John the Baptist, while still in his mother’s womb; hearken to the prayers of Thy humble servant who implore thee, through the intercession of Saint Gerard, to protect her (me); that it may be cleansed by the saving water of baptism and, after a Christian life on earth, it may with its mother, attain everlasting bliss in Heaven. Amen.

Prayer To Avoid a Miscarriage Humble Virgin and Doctor of the Church, in thirty-three years thou didst achieve great perfection and became the counselor of Popes. Thou knowest the temptations of mothers today as well as the dangers that await unborn infants. Intercede for me that I may avoid miscarriage and bring forth a healthy baby who will become a true child of God. Amen.

Not Ranked
Posts 343
chandni2 replied on 05-20-2011 3:19 PM

It is also possible you had a chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage and the IC aren't sensitive enough to pick up the hormones.  I'd trust a FRER over an IC any time. 

Me - 29  Husband - 29

TTC #1 since May 2009

1 Angel May 24, '10 James Angus - 10 weeks due to SCH

1st round Clomid = BFP!

Not Ranked
Posts 1,088
Ahna replied on 05-20-2011 3:25 PM

That is true. The guy from Church and Dwight (they make Frer) said a line shows up when it detects the hormone, so he said scince I did see a line, even though it disappeard and reappeard, it does seem like it would be true, but ?

I am having  cramping, which I have been having off and on scince Ovulation. Dont know if its AF? I keep checking for blood and no blood.

If my temp goes down more tommarow, then I will be sure I am not pg.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 3,032
belovedofHim replied on 05-20-2011 9:33 PM

I've taken a lot of frers and never had a false positive on them.  i've had many many negatives and a lot of positives (testing to compare after getting a bfp) and they've always been right.  i wonder about a chemical as well... :/

Ady - 26
DH - 29
Baby Boy - 9/2/08... TTC 6 anovulatory months then 6th clomid cycle BFP!
Baby Boy - 12/18/09... surprisingly quick TTW BFP!
Baby Boy - EDD 10/13/11... surprise (supposed to be TTA) 4 days before O BFP!

My Chart: http://www.tcoyf.com/forum/chart.asp?id=belovedofhim

Not Ranked
Posts 1,088
Ahna replied on 05-20-2011 9:48 PM

Thanks belovedofHim, I am beginning to think that this might be a chemical.  I have been feeling a bit "off"... nausea after eating, ect...

EPT tonight... I tried to be real careful and do the 2-10 minutes with the pictures... with my cell phone so they are a little blurry

I **thought** I seen something, in the pictures, but I have heard bad things about Blue Dye?  

Not Ranked
Posts 1,142
jenni_romero2005 replied on 05-20-2011 11:32 PM

I see a line.  You could always try a digital test just to make sure.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 21,104
Calladona replied on 05-20-2011 11:43 PM

I see lines.  I say wait a day or two and then take a digital...  Buy a two pack and take another in 2 more days if it comes up negative...  I think you're pregnant.  If it helps, I had MAJOR cramping this cycle (and even low temps!) and yet here I am....

Susan - 30 married to Chris -31

Catherine Anne born via c-section June 30, 2008

Rebecca Marie born naturally April 18, 2010

expecting #3 January 15, 2012

BabyFetus Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 366
sbea replied on 05-20-2011 11:49 PM

Looks positive to me. But I have nothing to add that pp haven't already mentioned. 

Dh 28 Me 25

Bethany Grace Baby Girl October 3, 2009

EDD for Baby #2 October 14th (LMP) Baby 

BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Not Ranked
Posts 1,088
Ahna replied on 05-20-2011 11:53 PM

Sbea and Jenny__Romero thanks for looking... and commenting! I  might think about a digital, depending on how much they cost, ect.

Susan- My DH is already having a fit how much Ive spent on Preg tests!  They might have a digital at the local pharmacy Im not sure...

. I wish I had tons of IC on hand to do all this testing! Thanks so much for commenting, too!

If I was patient enough, Iwould just wait until AF did or didnt show! Wink  I guess I am very impatient! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,790
jbizzy replied on 05-21-2011 1:02 AM

I wouldn't discount the FRER based on the cheapies.  Wait another day or two, if no AF, go get a diggie. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1,088
Ahna replied on 05-21-2011 7:06 AM

Jbizzy- True.  I am thinking chemical.  Temp went way way down today so far no AF, but before my temp has dropped a day or two before AF.  Food aversion or something this morning, feeling kinda queasy, like my taste is very senstive?!  I guess  AF will come within 24 hours or less with my temp dropping that low. Implantation dips are usually before this more like 7-8 dpo. If this is PMS, it is very different from my normal PMS! Wink  One of my first indications with 3 of my other pregnancies was the queasy feelings  before the missed period or bfp.

I thought this looked like a faint 2nd line, but maybe my eyes are going crazy or something!

Not Ranked
Posts 1,242
AprilA replied on 05-21-2011 10:16 AM

something is definitely going ion there.

Mom of 3 -  Baby Boy StepSon(Bonus Boy) James '94, Baby Girl DD Kelsey '99 - ttc for 6 months, Baby Boy Joshua '06 - ttc for 5 years 

Broken Heart Blighted Ovum dx @ 10wks - 3/4/11 - Passed naturally 3/11/11 but it was NOT a blighted ovum - 5 week embryo clearly visible. 

Broken Heart 6/20/11 10 week dx - fetal demise at 8 wks 4 days - 6/21/11 Induced m/c with cytotec - mostly done within 12 hours. 

P.S.A. **** IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW - NSAIDs can cause temporary infertility!!!*********
After 22 months of ttc #4, I STOPPED taking daily rx NSAIDs (dicloefnac) for Ankylosing Spondylitis and conceived the FIRST CYCLE off of them. And the second cycle off of them. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 21,104
Calladona replied on 05-21-2011 10:19 AM

Hang in there!!  I still see a line...  Give it another day or two...  HugHug

Susan - 30 married to Chris -31

Catherine Anne born via c-section June 30, 2008

Rebecca Marie born naturally April 18, 2010

expecting #3 January 15, 2012

BabyFetus Ticker

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS