Archive Site

Search

help

Why do I have continual cramping after ovulation?

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 91
TheMrs Posted: 03-02-2011 11:40 AM

It starts about 2 dpo and doesn't stop until af, and then I get normal mense cramps.   This month it feels a little more intense than usual.

I've been having this for as long as I've been paying attention to my body when first ttc.

Does any one else get this and know why?

DH and I married for 5 blissful years Kiss I'm 28

TTC naturally since July 2008

Had normal female hormone panal via saliva, May 2010

Normal/great thyroid values (even though I don't feel like it)

No BFP EVER

Normal HSG Dec 2010, DH great SA

Could have better adrenal function, but pretty normal

Taking omega 3, maca, licorice root, Sepia

Not Ranked
Posts 96
mrsr1127 replied on 03-06-2011 2:49 PM

I asked my doc about this because I have the same thing going on.  She said that as women approach 30, they begin to build more fluids in their bodies and feel the fluids moving.  She even showed me my extra fluids on a sonogram. I felt better that it was normal but not better that I would have a crappy 2 weeks every month.

me- 30 DH-37

TTC #1 since 7/10 (12 cycles)

Fertility testing 03/11

-All bloodwork good.  HSG shows a polyp in uterus. 

-SA great

05/11- Lap and hysteroscopy. Stage II endometriosis and polyps removed.

Back to TTC again!

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/mrsr1127/pccharts/8.aspx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 8,850
ThreePrinces replied on 03-06-2011 4:08 PM

I could have written your post, TheMrs.

I also get the cramping.  I have for as long as I can remember; however it used to begin at about 8dpo.  Over the past 2 years, it's started earlier and earlier until now - this cycle - it began at 2dpo.  That's my earliest ever.  It's not just cramping.  It's also my  AF backache, AF "sore crotch" (I really don't know any other way to describe it, it feels like I've been riding a horse and my labia is swollen or something), and my newest development that started about 18 months ago...a warm feeling in my uterus like someone is filling it up with hot water. That is the weirdest one to me; because it's relatively new.  I have no idea what it is or what causes it.

My RE, my OBGYN, and my endocrinologist all said they don't know what it's all about.  My RE just said "Your progesterone numbers are fine and your luteal phase is an acceptable length, so this doesn't affect your ability to become pregnant."  I don't know about that.  I have had a nagging feeling that in some way, I don't know what way but in some way; this is detrimental to an embryo's chance at implanting.  If my uterus is constantly cramping; couldn't that be a bad thing?  And this warm uterus thing - I talked to my RE about it and he just said "There are all sorts of different sensations throughout the body all of the time."  or something to that effect.

I don't know if it's an age thing with me.  I had horrible symptoms during the TWW when I was only 24.  I'm 31 now.  Granted, they started later (8dpo or so), but I had them.  What I wonder is - how does my body know it's not pregnant so.darn.early?

Anyway.  I don't know why any of this is.  But I do get it, too.  I hate it.  Today at church I was just sitting there in the pew and overcome with cramps and AF backache..and I'm only 8dpo and this has already been going on for nearly a week.  My temps started falling yesterday a 7dpo, too.  I hate my body.

TTC (this time) since February 2008.  Long history of Secondary Infertility.

June 13, 2011:  BFP on 12dpo!  Due exactly 4 years after I began TTC.

chart:  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/16c283

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is permanent.

Not Ranked
Posts 91
TheMrs replied on 03-07-2011 11:52 AM

Three!  I'm glad you get the same thing.  This has been the reason I avoid going to the doctor, because I don't want answers like "it's probably normal. all kinds of stuff happens to us!"  DON'T I PAY YOU A LOT OF MONEY TO KNOW THE ANSWER?!?!?!

I may have a sono because this cycle was kind of bad, like take my breath away, give me a minute, stabbing pain on my lower right side.  

I actually get that same warm liquid feeling, but in my foot!  How weird!  I asked my acupunturist about it and she thought it was my Qi starting to work, since I always have cold feet.  In chinese med. yin is cold/ estrogen/first half of your cycle, yang is warming/progesterone/luteal phase.  Maybe your yin and yang are mixed up...when does it happen?

When I am on AF I too feel like my business is swollen....being a girl just sucks sometimes, esp. when you can't understand it.

Do you know why your not getting pregnant?

DH and I married for 5 blissful years Kiss I'm 28

TTC naturally since July 2008

Had normal female hormone panal via saliva, May 2010

Normal/great thyroid values (even though I don't feel like it)

No BFP EVER

Normal HSG Dec 2010, DH great SA

Could have better adrenal function, but pretty normal

Taking omega 3, maca, licorice root, Sepia

Not Ranked
Posts 152
TrantAD replied on 03-08-2011 10:24 AM

Boo! I was hoping that cramping was a positive sign of implantation or pregnancy? I have been cramping on and off since 9DPO. I am also feeling this pressure on my cervix; almost like a UTI pressure.

I am amazed at how intune we all become of our bodies once we TTC but the unknown is so frustrating.

BD to everyone!Baby Dust

TTC since August ’09

Ashlyn: 29

HSG 05/11......ALL CLEAR! Smile

Day 3 blood work normal.....back to practicing! Wink

DH: 31

SA: strong and healthy 

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/TrantAD/charts/1.aspx

Angel April 1, 2011, 6.6 weeks

Not Ranked
Posts 172
annawu replied on 03-08-2011 10:46 AM

Hello ladies!;)I am so relieved that I am not on my own with this strange cramping thing!I started noticing it my last cycle-basically every day in tww I can feel a mild pain/tingling sensation in my right ovary. It goes on and off...it's crazy;)been only experiencing it since we started ttc...still on our journey though...Baby Dustanna

Not Ranked
Posts 347
nell replied on 03-08-2011 1:45 PM

I get the cramping too from 2 or 3 DPO. Last cycle I had an ultrasound (for my spotting) and the corpus luteum cyst was much bigger than I expected (not really thought about it before tbh).

I can't remember the dimensions but in volume terms one ovary was 3cc and the one with the corpus luteum was 15cc, so it had clearly been stretched quite a lot.

In my mind this is the cause of my cramping. I don't know how it works, perhaps some peoples are bigger than others (my progesterone was quite high too at 17 on an unmedicated cycle)

Me 31yrs, OH 36yrs,  BCP for 15 years until May 2010, TTW in 2010, TTC January 2011.

Chronic spotter from 4DPO and DOR. - FS advises straight to IVF, Cycle started mid June '11

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 8,850
ThreePrinces replied on 03-08-2011 4:50 PM

I never would have considered 17 to be high.  Did your doctor say that?  My RE said that would be around average.  My progesterone is usually around 22-25.  I do take progesterone these days, and now it's around the 30s.  However vaginal suppository progesterone is not known to raise blood serum numbers.  When on injectables/IUI, my progesterone level was 89.  I ovulated 5 follies, so that was 5 corpus luteums producing progesterone.

The corpus luteum being large would cause ovarian pain since it's on the ovary.  My cramping is in my uterus.  I do get ovarian pain off and on during the Luteal Phase and I've figured it was the corpus luteum.  However, it's the continual uterine cramping that really concerns me.

TheMrs, we dont' know why I'm not getting pregnant.  I've been diagnosed PCOS, but despite ovulating I still don't get pregnant.  So.  Officially I'm "atypical PCOS" but when asked why I dont' get pregnant when I ovulate then (on Femara...Clomid..injectables..with IUI and without IUI...well, I have had success once with injectables but failed several other times), my RE has no answers.  Take this cycle, for instance.  BD timed beautifully.  Beautiful temp rise.  Nice strong LH surge.  Nice strong estrogen rise (as evidenced by my FM) before ovulation.  Nice high temps.  Pregnant?  Nope.

TTC (this time) since February 2008.  Long history of Secondary Infertility.

June 13, 2011:  BFP on 12dpo!  Due exactly 4 years after I began TTC.

chart:  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/16c283

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is permanent.

Not Ranked
Posts 347
nell replied on 03-09-2011 3:47 AM

ThreePrinces:
I never would have considered 17 to be high.  Did your doctor say that?  My RE said that would be around average.  My progesterone is usually around 22-25.  I do take progesterone these days, and now it's around the 30s

I wonder if we're talking the same measures? My prog was actually 52 but i'm in the UK and I noted on here most use the US measure so I converted to 17. My doctor said it was well within the range and so not relevant in terms of my spotting. You've got me thinking now, could lack of (or a crash and then spike) in progesterone still be causing my spotting. I looked it up on the wikipedia chart and it does look like for 7dpo i'd be at the top of the range.

My cramping isn't really localised enough tbh for me to say it's my ovary tbh, it's just in the general lower abdomen area so yes as you say probably more uterus and therefore not the corpus luteum. TBH in my case i'm convinced the cramping is related to the onging spotting in my LP....gosh I hate that term it implies it's a tiny spot and it's a week long of gunk.

Me 31yrs, OH 36yrs,  BCP for 15 years until May 2010, TTW in 2010, TTC January 2011.

Chronic spotter from 4DPO and DOR. - FS advises straight to IVF, Cycle started mid June '11

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS