Warm/slight burning feeling in uterus?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 384
erin55 Posted: 01-20-2011 3:28 PM

Hi ladies,
I am currently only about two weeks pregnant (ticker says four because it's going by LMP), and just today started to have a warm/slight burning feeling in my uterus (along with cramps, but I know they're normal).  I'm very concerned because I had this exact feeling in a previous pregnancy that I lost at about 5 weeks Sad.  So I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this, and if it's something you all think I need to worry about.  If it continues I'll mention it to my doctor and get her thoughts.

Thanks so much!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 763
Alejandra27 replied on 01-21-2011 4:33 AM

Hi Erin,

I am sorry for your loss Hug.

I am not sure that I have experienced the exact same sensation as you but it sounds like it could be your uterus begining to stretch. Women have very different sensations - some feel O pain while others don't, some feel implantation pain while others don't, some feel the stretching of the uterus while others don't.

I think what you are feeling is normal and not necessarily an indication that something is going wrong.

Not Ranked
Posts 197
ISOabunintheoven replied on 01-22-2011 7:30 PM

Oh yes, I had a tight/burning sensation in the beginning and posted about it here somewhere and everyone agreed with me that it was very normal and they had experienced it too! Don't worry! You can still call your doctor on Monday if you need to, but no need to panic until then! :) 

Here's another post about it from a while ago. http://www.tcoyf.com/forums/p/99741/1299693.aspx?d=1#1299693

Not Ranked
Posts 1,242
AprilA replied on 01-22-2011 9:18 PM

I'm feeling it too at 5 wks 1 day and it's been off and on for a few days now. Mine almost feels like a UTI, but I know it's not. :)  I vaguely remember this with my first but that was almost 12 years ago. 

I wouldn't worry yourself! Sit back and relax and enjoy. (Yeah right! If you've ever had a loss I know that's impossible. )

Not Ranked
Posts 384
erin55 replied on 01-23-2011 9:16 PM

Thank you Alejandra.  It was many years ago, but it is of course still a loss to me. 

I appreciate your answer, and think that you're right.  Luckily it hasn't been constant like last time, so I'm hopeful that it's all part of the "growing pains" we feel in our first trimester.

Glad to hear that you felt the same things ISOabun.  As I stated above, it's on an on-again-off-again cycle, so I'm trying to not concern myself with it too much.  Thank you for the link, I'll check it out.

Thank you for your post April, and I'm glad that I'm not the only one feeling this.  It's hard not to read into every little twinge and cramp, but I'm doing my best to not worry myself sick over it (and yes, it's especially hard after a loss). 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS