help

Does anyone get the coverline?!?

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 2
theboyzmom Posted: 10-19-2006 2:09 PM
I have read TCOYF 2 times now and reread the part on how to draw a coverline and I still don't get it. She says to first locate the highest of your last six temps. At what point would you do this?? I can see if there were an obvious temp shift you could see it; but what if your temp shift is gradual? What am I missing?
Not Ranked
Posts 389
TMH replied on 10-19-2006 4:29 PM
I would use your first six temps to do your coverline. The S/W should automatically do it for you.....
Not Ranked
Posts 5,823
MrsShow replied on 10-19-2006 4:47 PM
I took this to mean you were doing it manually...?

I always had a hard time b/c during menstration my temp was higher and would slowly come down, then bounce around low for awhile. I didn't draw my coverline in until later (after Time) Sometimes, even with the software, it moves all over the place still! If you aren't using the software, I highly recommend it.
Not Ranked
Posts 518
Bella Catalina replied on 10-19-2006 7:32 PM
I highly recommend the s/w too. It takes out the guesswork, and is far more accurate than FF (at least for me, anyway).

As for your thermal shift, I think it's supposed to jump 0.3 degrees (Fahrenheit) minimum, and your coverline would be 0.1 degree higher than the highest of the 6 preceding temps. When I was charting on paper I would wait until I had a confirmed thermal shift (at least 3 temps) before drawing my coverline.

Or I'd suggest drawing it in pencil when you suspect you have Time, that way you can always erase it without having to start an entire new chart. [L]
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48,476
Theresa replied on 10-20-2006 10:59 AM
A coverline will be drawn in the fertile phase when you have one temp above the previous six. This line will adjust itself based on the latest information, so don't consider it "gospel" until you get 3 temps above the line!

TCOYF will even draw a coverline when you have no temps above the CL -- if you are close to ovulation and no temps have spiked yet, it will draw the coverline at the appropriate place just above your highest temp.

As far as an initial coverline not being valid, it DOES happen. For example, if you have two high temps above the previous six and then have 2 or more days of sub-CL temperatures after them, this causes the original CL to no longer be "valid." TCOYF will redraw the coverline to include the two "high" temps (or will use a Rule of Thumb to eliminate one of them, if possible).

Not Ranked
Posts 8,101
zzDeleted_52954 replied on 11-07-2006 11:21 AM
Great question and great answers, thanks!

Sandra[f]
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 18,340
onlybyhisgrace replied on 02-05-2007 1:06 PM
bump
Not Ranked
Posts 7
shan_1025 replied on 06-28-2007 11:16 AM
Hi..
I am new at this, as well..I have been charting for about 4 months and I thought that I was starting to get the hang of it, but this month is really wierd....My coverline has changed twice and it says that I have Oed twice...Is there something wrong with the system or is it just me....cause my temps have ranged from 97.2 - 98.2...then 98.4 -98.6...what does that mean?? I could use any advice you may be able to offer...

Thanks for the help..

shan_1025Sad
Not Ranked
Posts 15,551
heyjen replied on 06-29-2007 1:07 PM
Welcome to Ovusoft!

Your coverline can change through the course of your cycle. Theresa explains it pretty well in a post above.

Have you got your chart set to temp and cm?

Which days did it suggest were your Time dates? CD8 makes sense for the program. Also makes sense that it's not there anymore since you're now recording CM.

Did you record OPK results or a fertility monitor or saliva ferning? Those results will give you an egg on the chart but they're an indication of a possible Time not FAM identified Time. You don't have to take out those results if you had them in your chart. The program will continue to look for FAM Time.

Jen

Mom to Baby GirlBaby BoyBaby BoyAngelBaby Girl

Not Ranked
Posts 899
atara2 replied on 01-27-2008 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: heyjen
Your coverline can change through the course of your cycle.
Have you got your chart set to temp and cm?

Which days did it suggest were your Time dates?

Did you record OPK results or a fertility monitor or saliva ferning? Those results will give you an egg on the chart but they're an indication of a possible Time not FAM identified Time. The program will continue to look for FAM Time.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me!!!
My temps did not elevate immediately after my + OPK
And, it wasn't until I changed the settings to "temps only" that it finally registered the three elevated temps. I thought I was going to go CRAZY! UGH!
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS