Archive Site

Search

help

Craving anything with vinegar in it . . . normal?

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 3 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 433
Lynziebond Posted: 12-14-2010 2:48 PM

So I have been SOOOOO Nauseated the last 3 weeks, but for some reason pickles, salt and vinegar chips and even the smell of vinegar is what I crave?  Is this even normal?

I am a wife and mother and I love every second of it!

My little ones:

Baby Girl Hadassah 06/13/2008

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Angel 04/2009 5 weeks gestation

Baby Girl Zehava 01/11/2010

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby Boy due July 24, 2011!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

I began making homemade accessories for my eldest daughter to pass the time.  What started out as a hobby has turned into a full-blown home business.  Please come check out my quality products for babies and children at my website, www.TinyToots.Etsy.com.  You will find Waterproof Bibs, Burp Cloths, Plush Baby Blankets, Baby Changing Mats, and Gift Sets!  PLEASE HELP SUPPORT MY SMALL BUSINESS

Not Ranked
Posts 563
ttcer replied on 12-14-2010 3:31 PM

I don't know if it's normal, but I craved those same identical things in my first & second trimester!

It's funny, because I never ate salt & vinegar chips before the pregnancy (not a chip person).  Oh gosh, and cucumber/tomato/vinegar salad was my best friend!!!

I love pickles anytime (whether pregnant or not), so I don't know if I can count that as a craving.

I think you are a-okay.  Flowers

Not Ranked
Posts 31
mmobe replied on 12-14-2010 7:12 PM

Same thing here.  In fact, my mouth is watering just thinking about vinegar chips.  I get nausea after about 6 PM so my standard dinner has been rice with sliced cucumbers, salt vinegar & soy sauce.  Basically fresh pickles on rice!!  I am eating a lot of pickles too (and drinking the juice!).

Not Ranked
Posts 367
mskalinin replied on 12-14-2010 8:41 PM

Oh I definitely craved vinegar stuff when I was nauseated during the first trimester! I used to subsist on cottage cheese with kalamata olives in it. Also loved salt and vin chips and frinch fries with vinegar on them!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Not Ranked
Posts 16
alexaf replied on 12-14-2010 8:53 PM

Yep - that was definitely top of the craving list with this pregnancy.  Dissipated now in second trimester.  And PS: it's a DS!  Didn't have that craving at all with DD - don't know if that's tell tale for you ladies or not!  

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 4,964
piper replied on 12-15-2010 6:58 AM

yes! in my first trimester I would soak cucumbers in apple cider vinegar over night then eat them for breakfast Stick out tongue

me: 35 Kiss  DH: 44

Baby Boy Sept 2008 - IVF/ICSI

Baby Girl March 2011 - au natural

Not Ranked
Posts 251
cand82 replied on 12-15-2010 7:07 AM

Ditto I had the same cravings. They were strongest in the beginning of my pregnancy but a blood test revealed I had low salt levels, so i had to up the amount of salt in my normal food. But even after eating more salt in general, I cannot get enough of salad with vinegar and kalamata olives!!! And normally I have a huge sweet tooth, but not while pregnant. I wonder if salt cravings could be a sign of being pregnant with a Baby Boy?( An old wives tail!)  Can anyone shed some light on that??? Stick out tongue

Not Ranked
Posts 185
JeanK replied on 12-15-2010 7:22 AM

I LOVED salt and vinegar chips during my first tri. My mom even brought me a certain brand from home when she came to visit over the summer. I sat down on the couch with a huge glass of really tart lemonade and ate nearly the whole bag. It was the first time anything had tasted good for quite awhile! When I was home at Thanksgiving, she bought me more of the same chips, but I didn't eat one--they just weren't appealing anymore.

PS - it's a boy....

Me (24) + DH (27) + Baby (2.19.2011--born on my birthday!)

Not Ranked
Posts 563
ttcer replied on 12-15-2010 2:47 PM

I posted earlier...but...

I'm pregnant with a boy.

So maybe there IS something to vinegar cravings correlating to boys?  Shrug

Not Ranked
Posts 169
Peejee replied on 12-15-2010 3:00 PM

Well it may be an old wive's tail but it proved true for me! I'm 19w5d with a boy.

I do NOT want sweets, they go into a downright aversion. Pickles, salty snacks, cheese..that stuff? Cannot get enough.

Me (29) - Paul (25) ..dorks in love :P

Baby - EDD 5/8/2011

Peej's Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 251
cand82 replied on 12-15-2010 3:09 PM

See now thats so interesting.

Peejee: I usually have such a sweet tooth but not now, its all about vinegar and salty foods.

We have our u/s on monday but we arent going to find out the sex so I will have to keep guessing. Everytime I dream of the baby its a girl, but the salty craving could suggest boy. Only 23 more weeks Wink!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 169
Peejee replied on 12-15-2010 4:05 PM

Every dream I had was a girl. Every one. So when they said "looks like a boy!" I almost said, "no check again because see, it has to be a girl..."

Me (29) - Paul (25) ..dorks in love :P

Baby - EDD 5/8/2011

Peej's Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 24
dee_bow replied on 12-15-2010 4:11 PM

I have been obsessed with salty, vinegary foods from the beginning of this pregnancy. Pickles, chips, vinegar peppers, crackers, pretzels etc... No interest at all in sweet stuff until recently.

I'm also having a boy....

D.

Not Ranked
Posts 58
Sporkful replied on 12-15-2010 4:24 PM

Mmmm salt and vinegar chips...I think I wil go out and buy some now. BTW, I am having a girl.

Not Ranked
Posts 197
ISOabunintheoven replied on 12-15-2010 8:14 PM

Mmmm... I think I'm going to have to go buy some salt and vinegar chips tomorrow! YUM!

Not Ranked
Posts 1,859
brr91278 replied on 12-16-2010 12:26 PM

I craved salt and vinegar chips and pickles like CRAZY while I was dealing with nausea the first trimester...now not so much :P  I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant with a girl! So maybe it is just the nausea? 

Not Ranked
Posts 304
JennyG11 replied on 12-16-2010 12:31 PM

I am the SAME way.... but I think for me, it's more the salt than anything. I usually have the world's biggest sweet tooth, but I don't want to TOUCH the stuff!

Jenny (29),  DH (28), Married since Oct/10.
Charting since Aug/10.  -- TTC #1 Since Oct/10. -- BFP on November 13, 2010! First cycle TTC! Wow! Smile

EDD - July 27, 2011 Baby

[url=http://www.pregnology.com]

Not Ranked
Posts 315
mom2zack replied on 12-17-2010 7:45 PM

With my DS I craved venegar too.  I would eat cucmbers in vinegar daily.  Just be careful, all the vinegar burned tracks into my tongue that are still there 3 years later. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1,050
citizenpelikan replied on 12-18-2010 3:31 PM

Lynziebond:

So I have been SOOOOO Nauseated the last 3 weeks, but for some reason pickles, salt and vinegar chips and even the smell of vinegar is what I crave?  Is this even normal?

Yes. Why on earth wouldn't it be normal?  There are all sorts of known pregnancy cravings.  This one doesn't even sound weird to me. ShrugYes

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS