Archive Site

Search

help

Has anyone had a major blood gush episode in the first 12 wks and everything be ok?

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 556
kmid Posted: 12-13-2010 4:00 PM

Almost a week ago I had a major blood gush episode where it soaked my shorts to mid thigh and passed a firm piece of tissue that was the colour of a clot but denser. I was 8wks pregnant at that stage. That evening I went to my RE's rooms and he was able to confirm that the bub was still there and the HB was still beating. My RE thought the tissue was part of my uterine lining. I didn't have any more bleeding but I have experienced cramping on and off depending on what I am doing which isn't too much as I've been put on bed rest. Has anyone had something similar happen to them? Was all ok or did it turn out not so good? All experiences welcome...

Me 36 and DH 34

MC at 12wks on 19th May 2010Angel,

D&C at 10wks on 25th Aug 2010Angel after seeing HB at 8wks

baby
baby

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 3,131
teenytiny73 replied on 12-13-2010 4:35 PM

I hope you get some answers soon.  Bleeding episodes during pregnancy are scary.

During my pregnancy with DD#1 I woke in the night to use the bathroom.  I hadn't turned on the light but knew right away that something was wrong.  When I turned the light on I saw a large amount of bright red blood.  I was one day shy of 16 weeks.  I had rented a doppler so pulled it out and heard baby's heart beating away so it put my mind at ease.  To be safe the next morning I went to the hospital to be checked.  They did an ultrasound and baby was doing great. 

It was later determined that I had a cervical fibroid and this is what caused the bleed.  My OB was actually able to remove the fibroid in her office...and it looked kind of how you describe a clot but denser (I saw it in a speciman jar - she sent it off for pathology). 

So while it was scary as it was to see that much bright red blood at that stage of pregnancy I can assure you of a happy ending.  DD is now a very sweet and active 18 month old toddler.

Me- Louise (37) DH (40)

After 23 cycles, 4 IUIs, 2 Angel and a high risk pregnancy we got our miracle.

IUI #5 = lucky enough to be blessed again
Not Ranked
Posts 288
beyondblesses replied on 12-13-2010 5:54 PM

I had major cramping and 2 hours of bleeding during my 4th pregnancy (I was about 5 weeks); didn't even realize I was pregnant for another week or so.  Turns out to be a subchorionic hematoma (rather large one).  MW said they are common.  I never had anymore bleeding, and by 20 weeks, the blood had completely reabsorbed.  No bed rest.  Babe is 14 months old and just fine.

Not Ranked
Posts 1,859
brr91278 replied on 12-13-2010 8:25 PM

I had a SCH and doctor said it would either reabsorb or it would expell...she said if it expelled it could be a lot but that it doesn't mean that I would miscarry. Mine ended up just reabsorbing by my 10 week appointment.

Not Ranked
Posts 367
mskalinin replied on 12-13-2010 10:15 PM

I had a gush of bright red blood at 13 weeks, but no tissue at all. The blood was enough that it soaked through my underwear to my pants, and spilled on the floor when I pull my pants down (sorry, tmi). There were no explanations for it, but baby is doing just fine. I am at 23 weeks now.

Hopefully its just something benign!! Its reassuring you saw the HB!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Not Ranked
Posts 556
kmid replied on 12-14-2010 4:42 AM

Thanks Ladies for your responses! It's amazing how reassuring it is to hear that others have been through the same thing! I had another scan today with the RE and the bub is measuring on track with a strong HB so all is good....I think I have just got to relax now and take it easy and stop stressing!! Easier said than done Smile

Me 36 and DH 34

MC at 12wks on 19th May 2010Angel,

D&C at 10wks on 25th Aug 2010Angel after seeing HB at 8wks

baby
baby

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 4,964
piper replied on 12-14-2010 7:05 AM

With DS I was in a fender bender at 8 weeks and that night I had alot of blood - I had to wear a pad - I didnt even bother going to the ER since I figured if i was miscarrying they couldnt stop it.....

I took it easy and by the next day I was fine.  I went to the dr a few weeks later and the baby was doing great - he is 2 now =)

Never did find out what happened though

me: 35 Kiss  DH: 44

Baby Boy Sept 2008 - IVF/ICSI

Baby Girl March 2011 - au natural

Not Ranked
Posts 213
Rachael1107 replied on 12-15-2010 1:44 PM

I am glad to hear that all is well Smile

I know how scary it is to pass a huge chunk of tissue and lots of blood... Mine was from a missed miscarriage at 16 wks. So we didn't have a happy ending that time.

But, it sounds like your little one is doing great Yes

take care : )

Me- 30 Kiss DH- 27   Married - Feb 2010

Dx: PCOS, Stage II Endo (removed 2005), Uterine suspension (2005)

Baby Girl- Katelyn -12 yrs - april 1998Smile

Angel @ 16 wks 12/1998

Baby Boy- Eric - 4yrs - July 4th, 2006 born at home Wink

Baby Girl- Julianne - EDD July 2nd, 2011

Not Ranked
Posts 169
Peejee replied on 12-15-2010 2:35 PM

I'm late to answering but..I had two! First one soaked my pants down to about mid thigh with bright red blood and had some clots. Second one was similar.

Right now, little man is floating away in there happily oblivious to the world unless I bend over then he thinks it's fun to kick and punch.. I'm 19w5d

Me (29) - Paul (25) ..dorks in love :P

Baby - EDD 5/8/2011

Peej's Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 651
Liz888 replied on 12-15-2010 2:48 PM

I had this too - twice. With DD I had it at 6 weeks (and had just had a chemical pregnancy 6 weeks before so I was 100% convinced I was having a m/c again)... But I had an u/s the next morning and the doc saw no source for the blood; I went on to have normal pregnancy. She's almost 3 now. Then with my DS, I woke up to blood all over my pjs at 33 weeks. Again, docs found no reason for the blood, but they put me on bedrest for two weeks just in case. He was born 3 weeks after my bedrest ended, perfect at 38 weeks. :) Good luck! I know it's scary, but it can often mean absolutely nothing is wrong.

Me (38) DH (39)

TTC #1 for 5 cycles, Angel 5w3d, got PG with DD 6 weeks later

Baby Girl born Jan 2008 @ 37w3d

TTC #2 for 4 cycles, got PG on Clomid Challenge test cycle

Baby Boy born June 2010 @ 38 weeks

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 6,149
pollyanna replied on 12-15-2010 3:00 PM

I had a major blood gush with my DD when I was 10 weeks. I thought for sure I had lost the pregnancy, but I didn't. She is now an amazing 4.5 year-old.

Laura, married to Daniel on 12/16/00 Heart Claire, born 6/29/06 Heart Andrew, born 4/20/08

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 613
MS00 replied on 12-15-2010 3:02 PM

Awesome news!!

~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*
Michelle, 34 / DH, 35

Baby Boy 1/19/09
Baby Girl 4/3/11

Not Ranked
Posts 58
Sporkful replied on 12-15-2010 4:21 PM

I had a heavy gushing bleed at 11 weeks and passed a clot about the size of a half dollar. I felt I had a m/c for sure because I had experienced one before just like this. I went to the ER and even they said it was a m/c right up until the u/s showed a squirming baby with a heartbeat.

I am due this month so yay! Keep the faith.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
yank in the UK replied on 12-15-2010 4:40 PM

I had a major bleed with when I was pregnant with my son (who's now four) at 12 weeks -- and it was during my wedding, too! It was all very sudden, but like you everything checked out ok when I went in for a scan the next day. I have since found out I have a slight bicornuate (spell?) uterus which can mean that bleeding is more common, though from what I've heard bleeding just can happen without cause, too! I did not, however, have any cramping. I've since had three miscarriages, though they all starting with spotting first, so those experiences were quite different from my first pregnancy. Fingers crossed for you that everything turns out ok -- I know how hard it is to just wait around! Hope you have lots of things to distract you.... good luck.

Not Ranked
Posts 43
wanderer replied on 12-16-2010 7:23 AM

At exactly 12 weeks, I woke up soaking wet and when I went to the bathroom I was covered in bright, bright blood. I called the emergency room and they said that there is nothing you can do, just take some painkillers and try to rest, and come in to the hospital in the morning (we live in a very rural area). I didn't take any painkillers- I wasn't in pain- but it felt like my heart was ripping out. Only 12 weeks- I wanted that baby!

I changed pads quite a few times before I got to the ER that morning- but by the time I was there it was just heavy spotting- no tissue or cramps or anything. They tested my wee (still pregnant), looked internally (still bleeding) and did an ultrasound (baby still there, happy and healthy, totally oblivious). They couldn't find a reason for the bleeding. I went home and vomited continuously for the next day- I think it was the stress!

I bled and spotted for about a month- I would think it had finished but I would sneeze and bleed again. I did pelvic floor exercise and spotted. Things like that. The dr's could find no explanation for it. I chatted with friends and many said they spotted and bled during pregnancy and the baby stayed in.

So I am 34 weeks now, bub's happy and healthy, still 'in' and the bleeding is just a memory. It was a really scary time, even though the dr's said the baby was healthy, you have to wonder why I kept bleeding, and hoped the baby was okay.

So- best wishes for you and bub.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS